Friday, July 18, 2008

Finding time and switching gears

I am busy and obsessive and a bit neurotic this week. Work's just been nuts.

Meanwhile, I’ve been hoping to talk live with a sub I’m meeting on Sunday, but I haven’t been able to work out the time to talk. I can’t talk at my desk, my lunch hour keeps shifting because of various jobs I’ve just got to get done, and beyond that, my head space is somewhere else.

I’m not a domme 24/7. My full-time job is as an editor. So I'll be focusing on proofing text one minute, then stepping away the next minute to go talk to someone about paddling? Not so easy.

Today's call went fine. I manage to make the call this afternoon, we connected, talked for a few minutes, and all is well, He seems pretty nice, and Sunday should be a lot of fun. For me, at least. Maybe not for him. He’s going to get it good.

I’ll have to find a way, though, to talk with people more easily. It really comes down to logistics as far as MAKING the calls. Privacy is not a huge issue, as long as I can go downstairs and out of the building. I work near Riverside Park, which has many benches and paths and trails so privacy is available a short walk away.

As far as shifting gears, I'm considering a quick mediation before dialing.


No comments: