Saturday, April 4, 2009

Resurfacing

I'm going to try to get more active and write more on this blog. It's been a tough fall and winter, mainly due to work pressures. It's not so much that I don't have time, although that's been a big part of the problem: my commute and the hours spent at work add up to long days. It's more a mental thing, where I'm so focused on one area of my life that I find it hard to shift gears, and where I find myself feeling GUILTY when I shift gears (because my current mind set is that I "should" be getting work done and focusing on other areas of my life).

Last fall I had minor surgery and took a break from playing. But when I started to feel better physically, I wasn't quite ready to jump back in mentally. I had to start back slowly, and my side business went practically dormant. I had to cancel or postpone several appointments because of this combination (work too crazy, head not in right place). On top of that, my husband and I had several family tragedies that took us further out of the scene world.

I've never had a problem spanking or flogging or caning someone at a party (and I'm probably going to do some of that tonight; it's OTK time at Paddles). It's just that when I dedicate one hour to a client, I cannot just call it in. I am there for HIM, his fantasies, and I need to be in the right space emotionally. A spanking to me is MUCH more than a physical act.

I'd like to start again, slowly. I'm working on a new website that I'm hoping will offer some more online options for play (more to be revealed) combined with real-life sessions, of course. (I could never just play online; however, those in different parts of the country or out of the country may like these options). Among other things, I'm going to be offering mentoring for weight loss and other issues.

If you're going to the OTK party at Paddles NYC tonight, please respectfully introduce yourself, if we haven't met. FYI, I am bringing my canes, if anyone is interested...

6 comments:

otk_spanko said...

Have a great time at OTK Night, Sandy, and I will see you at SSNY in two short weeks!

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

Thanks, OTKS! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I SO so agree with what you said about spanking being SO much more than a mere physical act! ( can I say "so" again?)

See you at SSNY! ~Lisa

mitch philbin said...

Welcome back, Sandy. I'm glad you've weathered the travails of this past winter and family, and know that you are looking forward to diving back into the spanking scene.

dwcmike said...

just catching up now that you are back on-line. Hope you had fun at Paddles.

dwcmike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.