Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Would like to get to know you...

Really. I would like to know what you're all about, what makes you tick, what kind of play you like, whether we're compatible, how hard I can spank you.

But there are ways of doing this. When I am on Instant Messenger chatting with other people and someone I don't know pops up and IMs me, I cannot just drop everything to IM with a stranger -- usually someone with no profile or a bare-bones one. I know nothing about him at all, and he wants me to chat with you.

So when I ask you, very politely, to send me an email telling me what you're all about and letting me schedule a time when we can IM, please do so. I'm not rejecting you. I'm saying I DO want to talk with you -- at a time when I'm not being rude to someone else or neglecting other things I need to handle. I work long hours and my at-home internet time is limited.

I've explained this recently to two or three male (why is it always male?) subs, who are popping up EVERY time I sign in. And it's the same type of message over and over: "You there?" "Can you chat now?" etc. etc. I've had to write four times to one guy, asking him to email me and tell me what he's looking for. I get no email, and the next time I sign in he pops up and says, "You there?"

What's sad is I also keep getting these messages when I'm NOT signed in. I understand the desire for instant gratification. But this is a real turnoff. Especially if you claim to be a sub. Follow directions!

No comments: